In order to assure all students a positive learning experience, it is important that the following rules of respect and courtesy are maintained:
- To arrive on time for each dance class
- To wear the appropriate attire and have hair done according to the studio policies for all classes
- To speak and act in a respectful manner towards all DanceSpace staff and teachers
- To come prepared to listen, learn and have fun
- To remain inside the studio unless accompanied/or given permission by a parent or guardian
- DanceSpace Performing Arts Academy is a drug/alcohol/tobacco free environment. Anyone found in possession of, or using these substances, will be sent home immediately at the parent’s expense.
- DanceSpace Performing Arts Academy is a safe environment for all dancers. Any acts that
disrupt this environment, made by dancers or parents, will not be tolerated and are grounds for immediate dismissal. This includes personal attacks, inappropriate language, and/or any physical altercations that may take place in person or through social media. The director reserves the right to dismiss any dancer or family for behavior deemed inappropriate or that is counterproductive to the studio’s policies and philosophies.
Student Dress Code
- Students are required to wear the appropriate attire for each class as outlined below.
- Students are required to carry additional hair supplies in their dance bag. Please pack hair elastics, bobby pins, hairnets and hairspray and replenish throughout the year. DanceSpace does not supply these items for students.
- Students should not wear any jewelry to class (stud earrings are acceptable).
- Hair must be pulled back into a slick bun with hairnet and pins.
- Pink Ballet Slippers – canvas or leather
- Pink tights are required for class.
- Pre-Pointe and Pointe Classes must wear Convertible or Adapt-a-toe tights. Pointe students are required to wear the same leotard/bodysuit as their ballet class
Girl’s Ballet Attire
- Leotard colors are assigned to each class and are mandatory. The correct leotards may be purchased at Miss Martha’s Dance Boutiqueor through any vendor carrying the correct colors
- 6-7 PRE BALLET – Pink Leotard without a skirt
- BALLET I – Baby Blue Leotard
- BALLET II – Scarlet Leotard
- BALLET III – Navy Leotard
- BALLET IV & TEEN BALLET, COMPANY BALLET CLASSES- any Black leotard
Gentlemen’s Ballet Attire
- A plain white t-shirt or tank, black shorts (above the knee) or black tights.
- Black canvas ballet shoes
- Any fitted dancewear is acceptable. Dance pants, Capri pants, shorts, tights, tank tops, half-tops and leotards
- Properly fitted jazz shoes are required for all jazz classes. IMPORTANT NOTE: Girls are required to wear tan jazz shoes for the end of year concert. Any brand of tan shoe is acceptable. Boys are required to wear black jazz shoes for the end of year concert
- Jazz shoes, dance paws or bare feet are acceptable for lyrical or turns classes
- Tan tap shoes for Combo 1, 2, 3, Micro-Machine and Level 1 tap classes. Any brand is acceptable. Black (men’s dress shoe style) Tap Shoes for levels 2, 3, 4 and Company
- Hair should be pulled back off of face
Hip Hop Classes and Boys Club
- Sweatshirts and baggy t-shirts are acceptable within reason. Sweatpants, track pants or shorts are suggested
- Please do not wear any clothing with questionable printing. Clothing should be age-appropriate and is at the teacher’s discretion
- Jeans or jean shorts are not permitted
- Clean running shoes should be worn. In the event of inclement weather please pack an additional pair of shoes in your dance bag for class.
- U & Me classes – ballet shoes only
- 3 Yr Combo – tap shoes and ballet or jazz shoes
- Combo 1, Combo 2, Combo 3 classes – tan tap shoes, and pink ballet or black jazz shoes
- Hair must be pulled back off of face
- Pre-Ballet (please see under Ballet Attire)
- 5-7 Hip Hop – any comfortable attire dancers can move in with ease and clean sneakers (NO LIGHT UP SHOES)
- Boys should wear comfortable clothing they can move in with ease. Black ballet or jazz shoes and black tap shoes
- Our Mini-Masters classes will hold special parties throughout the year. During these parties parents will be able to come into the studio to view the dancers and take pictures. The studio will post notices prior to each party.
Additional information for our U & Me Class (2yrs only)
- Parents/guardians of our 2-year-old dancers must attend all classes.
- Parents/guardians should wear comfortable workout clothing, ballet slippers or clean running shoes. In the event of inclement weather, please bring additional shoes to change into.
- Please do not bring cell phones, drinks or food into the class. Siblings are also not allowed in the dance studios.
- Cameras and video cameras are not permitted in regular classes. We offer special parties throughout the year where you may take photos and video.