Studio Policies & Contract 2017-2018
Registration Fees & Tuition
- Registration fees are non-refundable. The entire first month’s tuition fees must be paid before classes have begun on Monday, August 21st, 2017. We recommend all students take at least one month of classes before deciding to drop or change disciplines.
- Registration fees and first installment payment are required for your child to be enrolled in classes.
- Tuition is priced annually or you have your choice of an installment option. Payments are withdrawn from accounts on the 15th of every month from August – May (10 installments). June tuition will be paid for those dancers that register later in the season. Automated payments may be made by debit or credit card. We accept all major credit cards. If you are paying your tuition in full, the full payment must be made at time of registration. Payments in full can be made by cash, check, debit or credit card.
- If we receive an NSF (non-sufficient funds) on any studio payment, you are required to settle your payment at the Front Desk within 1 week of notification. You will be charged a $25 NSF fee. NSF follow-up payments must be made by cash or debit only. Please note: If you have any payment outstanding at the end of the year, your child will not be able to participate in the end of year concert.
- You may cancel classes at anytime without fee or penalty through the end of January. As of Saturday January 27th 2018 registration is closed and any remaining tuition is due upon class cancellation. (This policy does not apply to classes not participating in the Concert).
- Costume fees are due before Saturday November 25th 2017. Participation in our concert is not required, however once payments are made, no refunds are available, whether you choose to participate in the concert or not. Costumes will not be ordered if costume fees are not paid. No costumes will be distributed to students whose accounts are delinquent. Costumes cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- Child Sizes Toddler-Medium: $75.00 Large Child- Large Adult Size costumes: $85.00
- Tights and all accessories (excluding shoes) are included with the cost of the concert costume. All-Star and Performance Company costumes will be on a different pay schedule and costs may vary.
Class Enrollment Requirements
- All class placements are at the discretion of DanceSpace artistic director and faculty. In the first month of classes, faculty may suggest a change of class(es) for some dancers (either a level up or a level down) depending on their ability, experience, motivation and focus. DanceSpace staff will work with you to create a schedule that will best suit your dancer.
- DanceSpace staff reserves the right to cancel, change or reschedule a class based on attendance and/or registration.
Withdrawals and Refunds
- If you chose to discontinue taking a dance class(es), a Class Withdraw Form must be completed and handed in, emailed or faxed to the front desk. Unused pre-paid tuition will be refunded once the Class Withdraw form is received (if submitted prior to January 27th, 2018).
- You will be liable for all tuition incurred up to the date of withdrawal regardless of class attendance and *all tuition after January 27th DanceSpace staff will contact you with the information regarding the cancellation of payment. *This policy does not apply to classes not participating in the Concert.
- We require an accurate email address at all times. Please provide us with an email address that you check regularly as we communicate via email regarding important studio matters. If you are not receiving these emails, please inform the Front Desk right away.
- If your home address, phone number, or email address changes during the dance season, please inform us immediately so we may update our files.
- Be sure to “like” the DanceSpace Performing Arts Academy Facebook page and Instagram. Studio closings, performance updates, and studio announcements are posted regularly.
- The studio posts important signs throughout the year on our notice boards and the front door about studio matters. It is the responsibility of all parents to check these notices regularly.
- DanceSpace provides a comprehensive Student Guide, which outlines the dress code requirements for each class. The required dance attire and footwear must be worn to all classes. Failure to wear required dancewear to class will result in student being asked to sit out the class. Repeated failure to follow dress code will result in termination of lessons. Please do not allow students to wear dance shoes outside of the studio. By signing below, you also acknowledge that you have read the Student Guide and your child will follow the dress code and behavior requirements.
Lost and Found
- DanceSpace staff will not be held responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- We recommend your child’s name be written on all clothing, bags, coats, dance shoes and dance attire and leave any valuables at home.
- On occasion attendance in any given class will be low. DanceSpace staff reserves the right to shorten a dance class in the event of 3 or fewer dancers in attendance. One-hour classes will be shortened to 45 minutes, and 45-minute classes will be shortened to 30 minutes.
End of Year Concert
- Dates of the concert and dress rehearsal are confirmed and are posted in our yearly calendar on our website, on our brochure, posted at the studio, as well as distributed in our Concert Guidebooks. Please be mindful of these dates when registering your dancer.
- Dress Rehearsals for the end of year Concert are Mandatory. (Dancers that do not attend their dress rehearsal will not be permitted to perform in the show.) U & Me and 3-year-old classes will not be included in the end of year Concert; a separate in-studio celebration will take place at the end of the dance season.
- Please make a note on your personal calendars that the studio will be closed on the following dates:
- Labor Day – Monday September 4th
- Halloween – Tuesday October 31st
- Thanksgiving Break – Tuesday November 21st -Saturday November 25th
- Winter Break – Tuesday December 19th –Monday January 1st (Classes resume Tuesday January 2nd)
- Spring Break – Monday March 26th – Saturday March 31st
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 28th
- SNOW DAYS – In the winter months, the studio may close in the event of poor weather. The studio will post an announcement on Instagram, our Facebook page, as well as the phone message at the studio to reflect the closure. We encourage all parents to check one of the places one hour before your child’s scheduled class on poor weather days. The studio will not reimburse any tuition for cancelled classes as a result of a snow day. Your child is welcome to make up their missed class on another day.
- Missed classes – Your child is welcome to attend any equal level class in the event they missed their own due to illness, vacations or studio holidays. Please see the posted class schedule on our website, or call the Front Desk to check when the same level classes are being held throughout the week.
Media – Facebook
- The studio is active on Instagram and Facebook. We encourage you to “Like” DanceSpace and stay up to date with studio events, including inspirational stories and quotes, videos of the dancers and more. It is a positive environment for students and parents to interact with DanceSpace staff, and is used to encourage positive interactions and motivation for dancers.
- On occasion the studio will collect video or photographs of students, dance combinations and/or routines. These images are occasionally used for DanceSpace promotion.
- By signing the policies, you agree to allow the use of footage we collect for social media promotions. If you would like to have your child omitted, please contact the Front Desk.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THE STUDIO POLICIES
- Your signature is required in acknowledgement of these policies in order to confirm your child’s registration. Please sign your name and date the attached form before handing in your completed registration packet.